Physiowerkz Initial Assessment
PMAT Initial Assessment
The first session will be the analysis of and breaking down of patient’s complaints/problems. It is a 1 to 1 holistic treatment, treating the root cause instead of treating symptoms only. The PMAT (Physiowerkz Movement Analysis & Treatment) has a range of tests including an analysis measurement system and movement diagnostic parameters. It also collects all medical history (past and current), patient’s lifestyle, and activities of daily living to trace the root cause of the problem.
The therapist will be able to diagnose and explain what caused the pain/problem, and explain to patients what their body should ideally be able to do. Once the root cause(s) are identified, the treatment methodology is created. As everyone and their injury are unique and different, the PMAT creates an individualized tailormade treatment program specifically suited for patients focusing on their desired goals.
Learn more about: The PMAT System
45 minutes - 1.5 hours
Physiowerkz Publika: A2-02-06, Publika Solaris Dutamas, 1 Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Physiowerkz Soho Suites KLCC: B1-36-5, Soho Suites KLCC, Jalan Perak, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
- Anyone with pain/soreness/discomfort/numbness/ache/stiffness
- Anyone without the above condition but would like to understand their body to avoid/prevent problem/issue happen in their older age
- From baby to elderly
Not suitable for
- Open wound
- Just fractured (immediately after)
- Bed-bounded patient
- Patient with wheelchair (Publika - location is not suitable for wheelchair patient, need to climb some stairs, but Soho Suites KLCC is ok)
The patient is able to understand the root cause of their issue(s) and what their body should ideally be able to do.
- An individualized tailormade treatment program is created specifically suited for patients focusing on their desired goals.
How to book
- Select your preferred date and time
- Click Book Now
- Enter address, notes, and booking information
- Complete payment online (Select ipay88 payment provider for bank transfer or credit card options)
- Once confirmed, our representative will be in touch with you
Full payment to be made online via Credit card or bank transfer option prior to scheduling your home service appointment.
- Do I need to be referred to by a doctor or can I just book an appointment? All therapists here are retrained internally using our PMAT-stringent protocols and processes adopted from the Australian framework of Direct-Access Practice. They are subjected to constant reassessment with emphasis on being safe and clinically sound at all times as medically recognized professionals and ethical practitioners. When the conditions presented are beyond our jurisdiction of practice, we will not treat them and will direct them to the appropriate doctors to be assessed first. On the other hand, we also work very closely with doctors on some conditions that had been screened by them which requires physiotherapy or medical fitness intervention.
- What do I need to bring with me? Doctor’s report and X-ray usually. A doctor’s referral or a guarantee letter will help facilitate those who need to make a company and insurance medical claim.
- How long will each session last and how many sessions do I need? Each session lasts 45 min but with the time taken for changing and re-evaluation, the actual session may be around 40-min. Depending on each case, normally the best results are achieved when a person goes through the entire THREE phases of our recommended rehab program.
- Will I be able to get 100% better? With any cut, sprains, strains, trauma, or an “overuse” injury, the body has to go through 3 phases of the healing process. Once “healed” the injured tissue has to be prepared and loaded up gradually. Usually, an inflammation process takes 2-6 weeks depending on the severity to “heal” and the loading phase, another 2- 6 weeks, depending on the demand of an activity.
- Can I do a self-massage? If it is meant to achieve a feel-good feeling for temporary pain relief and if the area is reachable, yes. However, you may not be in the best position to apply the right depth and direction of force to get the most effective results, and you are most likely to end up straining the arm/hand used.
- Can I do a workout if I am in pain? Can I go back to dead-lifts/aggressive gym routines after this? You have to listen to your body especially during the first two weeks. Pain is a biological alarm telling you that something is not right. Reduce or rest for full protection. However, you can and should return (and we will guide you stage by stage) to your activities from Week 2 onwards and gradually load up by Week 4 following the theory of the healing process. However, it is important to find out if your workout routines are done correctly and safely.
Terms and Conditions
- By appointment only
- If you need to reschedule or cancel your session, we require 24 hours of advance notice. Any missed or canceled appointment within 24 hours will be charged RM100 cancellation fee.