Physiowerkz Subsequent Treatment
PMAT Subsequent Treatment
Using the information gathered and revealed in PMAT Initial Assessment, the therapist will proceed with the treatment according to the goals and time frameset. It is a 1 to 1 holistic treatment, treating the root cause instead of treating symptoms only. Manual hands-on therapy, stretches & exercises will be given in the treatment session. Stretches & exercises will also be prescribed as “homework” too. This is important as the body takes some time to re-learn the correct patterns and unlearn the wrong ones. The PMAT treatment uses a combination of modalities to achieve this and recognizes precisely the muscle movement needed to be worked on for each individual.
Physiowerkz Publika: A2-02-06, Publika Solaris Dutamas, 1 Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
Physiowerkz Soho Suites KLCC: B1-36-5, Soho Suites KLCC, Jalan Perak, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
- Patient who has completed PMAT Initial Assessment
- The patient shall expect 10-30% improvement in each session (highly depending on the compliance of the patient on the appointment and exercises given)
How to book
- Select your preferred date and time
- Click Book Now
- Enter address, notes, and booking information
- Complete payment online (Select ipay88 payment provider for bank transfer or credit card options)
- Once confirmed, our representative will be in touch with you
Full payment to be made online via Credit card or bank transfer option prior to scheduling your home service appointment.
- Do I need to be referred to by a doctor or can I just book an appointment? All therapists here are retrained internally using our PMAT-stringent protocols and processes adopted from the Australian framework of Direct-Access Practice. They are subjected to constant reassessment with emphasis on being safe and clinically sound at all times as medically recognized professionals and ethical practitioners. When the conditions presented are beyond our jurisdiction of practice, we will not treat them and will direct them to the appropriate doctors to be assessed first. On the other hand, we also work very closely with doctors on some conditions that had been screened by them which requires physiotherapy or medical fitness intervention.
- What do I need to bring with me? Doctor’s report and X-ray usually. A doctor’s referral or a guarantee letter will help facilitate those who need to make a company and insurance medical claim.
- How long will each session last and how many sessions do I need? Each session lasts 45 min but with the time taken for changing and re-evaluation, the actual session may be around 40-min. Depending on each case, normally the best results are achieved when a person goes through the entire THREE phases of our recommended rehab program.
- Will I be able to get 100% better? With any cut, sprains, strains, trauma, or an “overuse” injury, the body has to go through 3 phases of the healing process. Once “healed” the injured tissue has to be prepared and loaded up gradually. Usually, an inflammation process takes 2-6 weeks depending on the severity to “heal” and the loading phase, another 2- 6 weeks, depending on the demand of an activity.
- Can I do a self-massage? If it is meant to achieve a feel-good feeling for temporary pain relief and if the area is reachable, yes. However, you may not be in the best position to apply the right depth and direction of force to get the most effective results, and you are most likely to end up straining the arm/hand used.
- Can I do a workout if I am in pain? Can I go back to dead-lifts/aggressive gym routines after this? You have to listen to your body especially during the first two weeks. Pain is a biological alarm telling you that something is not right. Reduce or rest for full protection. However, you can and should return (and we will guide you stage by stage) to your activities from Week 2 onwards and gradually load up by Week 4 following the theory of the healing process. However, it is important to find out if your workout routines are done correctly and safely.
Terms and Conditions
- By appointment only
- If you need to reschedule or cancel your session, we require 24 hours of advance notice. Any missed or canceled appointment within 24 hours will be charged RM100 cancellation fee.